Interior Mapping of Existing Facilities - 2D and 3D
TIMMS creates excellent 2D floor plans - with a level of detail previously unavailable. The 2D plans are accurate; precise measurements can be made, distances, angles, areas, and volumes can be exactly computed. TIMMS 2D floor plans are a snapshot of interior space at a given time.
TIMMS is optionally equipped with a spherical camera for creating spherical maps. The camera system cycles once per meter, thereby immersing a building in photographic images. All 360 degree image data is geo-referenced. Situational awareness for building security and event planning is greatly enhanced when the spherical camera data is made available to regional GIS data bases. 360 degree views of any interior space can be controlled by the user, enabling any perspective desired. The user can be immersed in a room and take in the surrounding area much the same way as if they were really there.
Wide Area Indoor Mapping i.e. Urban Mapping
The Trimble Indoor Mapping Solution provides the optimal method for obtaining detailed and comprehensive, georeferenced map data for private and public facilities with wide spatial extent. It is possible to effectively collect and visualize large indoor spaces which are as large as several city blocks. This provides federal, state, city, and private stakeholders a holistic, 3D indoor geospatial view of any busy urban areas such as:
- Airports, train stations and other transportation facilities.
- Music halls, theaters, auditoriums and other public event spaces.
- Government buildings.
- High rise office and residential buildings.
- Plant and factory facilities.
- Above and below ground covered pedestrian concourses with platforms, corridors, stair locations and ramps.
- Ingress and egress points.
- Emergency accesses.
- Connections between buildings and building levels.
- Millions of square feet of interior space extending over entire cities.
Deliverables from TIMMS for urban mapping include:
- A 3D LIDAR point cloud that is dimensionally accurate in real-world coordinates.
- A 3D geo-referenced spherical camera data set for the entire captured area.
- A set of in-building floor maps of the captured areas.
- Easy intuitive map access for individual buildings and building spaces.